Description: Written Assignment
Due: By the end of week 13
Word-limit: 3500 words
- This should be a written text, in any of the genres or formats we’ve discussed during the semester (travel narrative / filmscript / radio script / fiction).
- You may include visual or even audiovisual material with the assignment if you wish, but the assessment will concentrate on the vividness and focus of your writing.
- The subject matter should be a journey, or description of a locality of some sort.
- The place or places should be real and not fictional (though certain parts of your narrative may be fictionalised, if you wish).
- You may travel in the footsteps of another author, or use your own firsthand material.
- If you wish to use notes or diaries from a past trip, be prepared to revise and supplement them considerably in order to create a compelling narrative.